I purchased my copy of Gloria’s Glorious Muffins many, many-a-moon ago. I think at this point I have prepared almost every muffin included in the nearly 230 page book – some of which are on my regular bakery rotation – they’ve been stirred together so many times I know many of the recipes by heart!
While it appears as though the ‘Gloria’s Glorious Muffins’ book is out of print, you can still find a few left on Amazon. It also seems that she wrote and published another muffin cookbook in 2006 called The Complete Muffin Cookbook.
I was inspired by the ‘Marsi’s Cappuccino Muffins’ recipe I found in Gloria’s Glorious Muffins. I adapted the recipe with a *smidge* here and there to create the Mochachino Muffin – a yummy recipe I plan to share with you today. I like this muffin because it is not too sweet. It’s perfect as an afternoon or mid-morning snack with a cup of coffee.
3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder (I am always liberal with this ingredient!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 bag of NESTLÉ® semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup triple strength coffee, cooled
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey, warmed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Measure and sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Sift a second time and set aside.
3) Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl
4) Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Do not overstir!
5) Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tin, papered baking tins or silicone muffin pans. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7) Cool in the baking pan for at least 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and enjoy!
Posted by Amy Beth Cupp Dragoo / Recipes